I am a mid 30s married man with no kids on the way (yet), so mini vans are still uncool for me. Even this one, with its blacked-out grill and wheels. However, after a week with the 2020 Chrysler Pacifica, I can understand why Moms and Dads across America love them. My test vehicle was the ultimate utility vehicle:
- It superb gas milage, at 82 MPGe. That is with a fully charged battery and a full tank of gas.
- I could easily fit 7 of my friends
- The Pacifica is surprisingly comfortable to drive. I could easily sit all day behind the wheel. It is also relaxing to drive. The suspension mitigates bumps quite well. The steering feedback is minimal, but enough to give you a sense of control at highway speeds.
- The rear seats fold into the floor. This is a feature you may never need, but it is extremely valuable if you have to haul furniture or lumber. And it is better than a pickup, because your cargo is covered in case of rain or snow.
- The rear doors slide backwards. This makes getting in and out of the car while parked in a tight space super easy.
If I was a Dad with one or two kids, I would probably stick with a sedan, station wagon, or SUV. But 3 or more kids, and a Chrysler Pacific would be golden!